FW: Stumble, miss & hesitate

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Stumble, miss & hesitate
From: "John Korsak" <jkorsak@heath-bloxom.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:35:57 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: John Korsak [mailto:jkorsak@heath-bloxom.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 3:51 PM
To: Sally or Dick Taylor
Subject: RE: Stumble, miss & hesitate

Dick,Jim and Jay
Thanks for your replys.  The car idles great at either 12 or 32 deg (albeit
usually idles @ 1000 RPM not 850).  The miss occurs between 1500 and 3000
RPM under load.

I purchased the car this past June.  PO hadn't done much to the car for some
time.  I changed all the hoses, fluids, brake lines, etc.  I installed
Pertronix soon after the car started missing.  I put points back in, but it
made no difference.  As a result of a List search on the problem, I ordered
new distributor springs and installed them.  No difference in performance.
Should I put old springs back in?

Miss (range of RPM) seems to be altered as I advance timing (it moves up the
scale).  For example, @12 deg miss occurs between 1000 and 2500 RPM when
under load.  @18 deg miis occurs 1500 to 3000 RPM under load.  @32 deg miss
occurs on occasionally.

I,m not sure about your "on the rocks" statement.  What does "on the rocks"
mean?

I will try to remove ERG valve tonight and let everyone know of my results.

John