Repair Smiths Speedo

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Repair Smiths Speedo
From: p.h.z@12move.nl
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:56:06 +0200
Hi LisTeRs,

First I wam't to thank everybody who responded to my question about my clutch
problem.I'm very pleased with and surprised about all the very detailed
solutions and advises. Thanks!! In a week or two I'll start to take the clutch
of the car to see if one of the solutions will solve the problem. I'll report
my findings to you all!
Back to the subject of this message. A few weeks ago I cleaned my speedometer
(Mph US model 74). I found that a small plastic gear or driveshaft (I don't
know if this is the correct word in english?) inside the speedo is broken.
I'ts the one that drives the milagemeter(there is only one!). Since than I
have been searching for a this spare part. Does anyone know where I can find
this part? Maybe somebody has a broken speedo where this camshaft is still ok?

Peter
US TR6 74
The Netherlands