Re: SU HS6 emissions setup

To: jcs104@home.com (Jerry Shaw)
Subject: Re: SU HS6 emissions setup
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 21:46:26 -0700 (PDT)
Jerry---On items #

3) Others who have removed the EGR valve have plugged the head with a
pipe plug. Peter Z?

4) The engine runs fine with the vacuum retard connected. The
centrifugal advance in the distributor will adjust itself to the
engine's running speed.  You can put one of those neat little black
plastic caps on the pot tube to keep the dirt out, if you like. The
vacuum line itself should also be plugged. if it's still operative.

The "valve" that opens allowing vacuum to retard the timing was only on
the early TR6's.  I suppose if you had such a valve it could be made to
work with the SU's, as it was part of the throttle linkage and not
related to the carbs themselves. (If we are talking about the same
thing)

Dick T.