Re: SU HS6 emissions setup

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU HS6 emissions setup
From: "Jerry Shaw" <jcs104@home.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 21:47:08 -0400
Dick
Ok, I figured out that the SUs were not "emissions friendly" by looking at
the connections. My reason for choosing them is that SUs have been on every
LBC I've owned, including my other project car, a '66 Spit MKII. I've had my
UniSyn sitting around since I was in college. So, I didn't want to mount yet
another kitting learning curve, and my ZS were not functional with corroded
needles, and all that implies.

Now the issue is how and what to remove, if I'm going to abandon the
emissions stuff.

1) Do I remove the carbon cannister and plug up the hose from the gas tank?
2) Do I remove or at least unplug the electrical connection to the
anti-runon switch?
3) Do I plug up the the valve cover port and remove all of the connected
hoses?

If all of the above is possible, seems to me to be a win for the antique
cars that don't need emissions tests. All I need to do is carefully wrap up
everything and store it away in case I want to sell my car to a purist, or a
resident of a state with antique car emissions testing.

Thanks,
Jerry
'74 TR6