2000-register

Automatic advise please

To: 2000-register@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Automatic advise please
From: "Köppe, Thorsten" <TKOEPPE@asv.de>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:10:50 +0200
Dear listers,

for some weeks now I experience the following when driving through sharp
corners (e.g. u-turns, not necessary fast, possibly only left turns?) with a
cold engine/car, choke approx. 3/4 drawn:
It feels/sounds as if the auto box slips/looses its gear and the engine revs
up for a short moment (about 1s) during cornering.

Is this the beginning of something unpleasant or do I just need to sth
simple as topping up the auto box oil level a little?

If the latter: I am really not capable to determine the level on the
dipstick (to my relief: accompanied by a real mechanic), in (or: for) my
eye, it's too thin and in-between nowhere and everywhere, all I can tell is
that there _is_ oil and it's red.
And what kind of oil does it need? IIRC the manual simply states ATF, but
nowadays ATF is subdivided into specs like Type A/DexronIID, Type F, Dexron
III, ... Last year I bought some Dexron IID to top up the power steering
(which did no harm to it yet), is this the right stuff for the BW35, too?

TIA,
Thorsten
1971 2000 MkII Estate BW35 PAS UK-spec

///