2000-register

Re: My last missing cylinder

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: My last missing cylinder
From: "Christopher Hinge" <chinge@postmaster.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:32:00 +0100
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:23:44 +0100
From: "Christopher Hinge" <chinge@postmaster.co.uk>
To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:33:02 +0100  "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
wrote:

> The bloke noticed tonight that I've got a periodic dribble from the back of
>my metering
> unit

Hi John
Hope Canley Girl is now sorted after her trip to Gaydon. If not, a few thoughts
on your problem:
Is fuel dribbling from the control unit body on the metering unit? Could be
either a damaged fuel diaphragm or more likely the diaphragm has been pushed
off the cam follower by pressure build-up in the metering end.
This has happened to me twice - eventually traced to a blockage in the fuel
return pipe to tank. Certainly causes rough running/misfiring. Try blowing an
airline through the pipe at the metering unit end. Any restriction should be
obvious. If the diaphragm is suspected the MU has to come off to access the
four bolts holding the two halves together.
Seems to me the plumbing is the only bit of your injection gear that  hasn't
been rebuilt!
Best regards
Chris Hinge