2000-register

Re: Dizzy cap interchangeability

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Dizzy cap interchangeability
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:29:21 +1200
John

Judging by the Rimmers catalogue, I would say that the two are not
interchangeable. Part number GRA102 applies to the earlier model, while
GRA114 works on the newer.

While you are working on the ignition system, I would highly recommend
fitting a Pertronix ignitor to replace the points. Very reliable, easy fit,
work great. The best price I have found is in the States at a place named
RetroRockets, part number LU-162A $US63.95. Their webpage covering Lucas
distributors is http://www.vintageperformance.com/retrorockets/lucas.htm.
Highly recommended, and NFI.

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D