2000-register

Re: Who is still using the Lucas PI fuel pump

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Who is still using the Lucas PI fuel pump
From: "JC" <jc@gt6.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 19:54:15 +0100
Hi J-P,

Terry said he would fit a new Lucas pump, given he could find one.

Don Reed was selling a brand new unused Lucas pump.  If it's not gone
already, Don was looking for offers on +44 1252 616748

> If I could find a brand new one ( not rebuilt, because I've never seen
> anyone successfully rebush the gears), I'd fit it, but only in conjunction
> with a low pressure/high volume lift pump . Some minor re-plumbing to use
2
> outlets from the tank makes a major improvement to surge on cornering.

Why not give him a bell

> Our race car with Lucas PI uses a Bosch motorsport fuel pump, 2 regulators
> in parallel, and a fuel cooler. We can race in +40C temperatures.

Terry, I would love to see the spec on your PI racer!!  Do you have a URL?

Best wishes

Jon

ps.  I was at Paul's a couple of days ago, but forgot to ask him about the
uprights.  Do you still need 2L vertical links?  I'll ring him if you still
do.