2000-register

Re: Strange lack of power

To: Roly Alcock <roly@mothy.clara.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Strange lack of power
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 15:46:31 +0200 (MET DST)
On Sun, 28 May 2000, you wrote:

> The fundamental problem is that it has no power and will not rev beyond
> half revs. Sounds like a bus or lorry then.
> Tickover and low revs appear very sweet.

> The spark plugs look as though they are running on the lean side.

A defective fuel pump can often give symptoms similar to this. I usually
diagnose such problems by substituting by an electrical fuel pump I have -
connecting a fuel pressure instrument with a T-piece is the more
scientific approach.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Mail:  Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway