2000-register

Re: MK1 vs. MK2 springs

To: Mike Sharp <msharp@cynapps.com>, 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MK1 vs. MK2 springs
From: Asgeir Nesoen <asgeir.nesoen@hf-it.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:02:44 +0100
I think both length (ride height) and stiffness (MKII springs are softer)
differ between the two.

Using MkI springs on a MkII will cause a high and stiff front end (I think
it will look a bit strange...), and using MkII springs on a Mk1 car will
cause the front to be low and sloppy...

They're not interchangable. But springs are something that you can buy for
a small amount of money, and you can get a wide range of stiffnesses and
heights. Contact Chris Witor, he has a number of options of springs.

---Asgeir---