2000-register

RE: PI Tyres

To: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Subject: RE: PI Tyres
From: Andrew Thompson <ajt@expmining.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:21:11 +0800
David,

The 195/70*13 Tyres fit fine on a standard PI rim and clear everything.

As far as stresses are concerned, I would say all modern tyres are offering
better grip and hence greater stresses
in the suspension. The tie rod strengthening is always a good idea but
overall the suspension would appear to be
comfortably strong enough for road use with bigger tyres (judging by it's
strength in competition).

I suppose the problem with both 185HR *13 and 195/70HR*13 tyres will be
their relative expense due to low sales volume.

cheers Andy T