2000-register

RE:Aha!

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:Aha!
From: chinge@postmaster.co.uk
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:16:16 +0100
John, have you read the article by Mike Satow in the wonderful
T2000register service notes? Food for thought certainly.

My own PI has never let me down as a result of overheating (and yes, it's
in the left-hand compartment).I use a Lucas cooling coil and a heatshield
under the boot floor. Perhaps i've been lucky.
Oh, I also tow a caravan.

A tip when rebuilding pump motors, is to adjust the end float with the
motor running and an ammeterer in series to monitor the current.Adjust for
minimum current which ensures minimum power consumption, minimum heat
produced.

Cheers

Chris Hinge