vtr

British Leyland Logo - '78 Spit

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: British Leyland Logo - '78 Spit
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:33:09 EST
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Happy New Year List,

Would anyone out there with a 1978 Spitfire which is original or close to
original and who is snowbound or desperately wants an excuse to sneak into the
barn, shed or garage, kindly measure the approx distances (horiz &  vertical)
of the British Leyland Badge on the driver & pass side of the  bonnet - from
the bonnet latches and bottom of bonnet?

I'm real familiar with mounting these on TR6's but we haven't needed to
mount one on a late Spit restoration until now and I wanted to get them located

as close to original as possible.....ha, ha - as I write this I can't help but
think that maybe Clive or Nigel (the guys on the assembly line charged with
badge mounting) probably stuck them wherever looked good to them so maybe
there really isn't a standard for this??

P.S. It's interesting that only one 1978 Spit of all of  the later Spits
featured in the Spitfire home page linked through the VTR  website even had the
BL
badges - I wonder now if BL was badging Spits in  1978??

Thanks,

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA   USA