vtr

Missing FOR SALE advertisement

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Missing FOR SALE advertisement
From: MediaTexas@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 1995 21:19:12 -0400
Bill,

Just got VTR#59. Didn't see the TR5 ad I e-mailed around the New Year's, and
which Bob Kramer learned of through e-mail resulting from that submission.

When you have a few minutes, I'd appreciate a status check on it, and I'll be
happy to resubmit, if necessary. Pretty sure it was right at 49 words, so I
had hoped length wouldn't be a problem. The version below, I believe, is
close to the original.

Help!

Thanks.

Phil Beekley
VTR #1757

FOR SALE
1968 rare TR5PI, RHD, BRG, white surrey top (hard/soft), OD, WW, map light,
luggage rack, badgebar, Avon steel radials, woodrim steering wheel, parking
brake lock, FM/stereo cassette w/power antenna, leather seats, inertial lock
seatbelts, glovebox manual, BMIHT, waxoyled. Offers above $18,000. 210
684-2216 vox/fax (e-mail MediaTexas@aol.com). To Hemmings summer/95.

and here's the unabbreviated version (not for publication in VTR due to
length):

1968 very rare RHD TR5PI, Genuine Lucas Mark II Petrol Injection, BRG w/white
hardtop. Original period  options/accessories:  Laycock de Normanville
overdrive gearbox (2nd, 3rd & top gears), four twin-eared chromed
knock-offs*, five centre-lock 60-spoke wire wheels, folding surrey softtop
with collapsible metal frame, swivel switch map light, integral luggage rack
(new rechrome)*, badge bar, plumbing for oil filter\cooler connection. Plus:
 restored injection inlet air filter manifold/filter/bracket*, Avon 185R15
steel-belted radial tyres*, 3-spoke woodrim steering wheel (wood & grain
matched to dashboard)*, integral combination lock parking brake, contemporary
European 3-band MW/AM/FM Sharp stereo cassette w/power antenna, leather seat
facings, genuine brand-new Kangol 3-point inertial-lock retracting
seatbelts*, BL owner's glovebox manual*, BMIHT certificate*, waxoyled. Some
black & yellow
"barber-pole" striped water hoses*. Mint matched pair of Texas 1968 "Hemisfair
" license plates*. Mint 1968 (Alamo logo) Texas state inspection window
decal*, spare PI air filter*. Garaged in San Antonio since 1988. Featured in
6-Pack/Dec. 94, TRaction/No. 76/Winter 1988. Offers above $18,000. Exclusive
to VTR members; will go in Hemmings late 95. 210 684-2216 voice/fax; e-mail:
 MediaTexas@aol.com.
        *acquired/installed in Texas since the car was purchased in
Bournemouth, England, January 1987