Re: [Vintage-race] (no subject)

To: Awgertoo@aol.com, ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] (no subject)
From: Mike/Donna Carpenter <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:35:56 -0400 (EDT)
   There  would  have  been alot more in your class and the other classes
   had  this been two years ago.  There were so many vast empty spaces in
   the paddock that use to be full.

   I  sincerely hope that Beaverun and PVGP has the highest turnouts ever
   as  I will for sure be there.  I doubt that I go back to VIR as it has
   shrunk considerably in the last two years and it is just the factor of
   the  drive  and  to  watch  modern (muscle) cars 1999 and newer out on
   track kind of blew it.  I choose to go to vintage races to see vintage
   race cars - that is '50s and '60s model cars.

   I was with some friends while at VIR and their consensus turned out to
   be that the air show was better than the races.  The air show actually
   was  pretty  cool.   However, in the past that was not needed as their
   was so many neat sports racers and exotic early racers to look at.

   I am not saying this to dis VIR as I have been there so many times and
   I  like the race track.  It just hurts to see it dying down along with
   the  stupidity  that  occurred at Summit Point for the last two years.
   For  the last two years, Mid-Ohio has not had near the turnout that it
   use to either.  I hope that this pattern ends and things pick back up.

   I can't wait til Beaverun, it is close at 100 miles away from me ;^).

   Mike Carpenter