T-10 Axle Pinion Flange nut torque

To: lotus@se7ens.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: T-10 Axle Pinion Flange nut torque
From: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
Anybody know the torque spec for the pinion flange nut
on the T10 axle commonly found in the early Lotus
Seven?

I didn't get it tight enough the first time and
watched with alarm the while entire driveshaft (and
attached pinion) floated forward and back as I test
rolled the car back and forth in the driveway!!

My GT6/Herald/Vitesse manual indicates 90 to 100 lb/ft
for the flange in these IRS set ups. Is it reasonable
to assume that the same might be true of the Triumph
solid axle's flange?

Thanks,
John D.