Re: 1963-66 SCCA Production Car Specs

To: <JWoesvra@aol.com>, <mwinbigler@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: 1963-66 SCCA Production Car Specs
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 05:38:46 -0500
i have been very seriously persuing hillclimb and local racing
(road racing and ice racing) memorabilia in order to document both my
father's participation in racing and the history of the sport in our area.
at best my efforts as a historian are amature.  my intentions are to one day
document where and from whom all items i have collected originate and
eventually donate to the museum at watkins glen.   of course i'd like to
retain the family related materials but certainly would duplicate and
present the duplicates for their records .  hopes for my son to be
interested in these things of course are high.   but in the event of his not
being interested , the items in my posession will be presented to the museum
at that point.  to me these items are very personal as most of the events my
father drove at , i was there as a child.   so it's not just documentation
of my father's career as a driver but also a comprehensive "what i did on my
summer vacation"  to me.  LOL!   what a way to grow up!  hot dogs,
hamburgers and cup after cup of "coke"....long sunday night drives through
the darkness to get home towing the race car....sleeping in tents, the trunk
or rear seat of the tow car and the echoing sound of the announcer still
echo in my head.....*sigh*  as odd as it all was i'd do it over again in a
heart beat!  (i guess to a degree , i am , vintage racing .)
chuck
that darn orange saab....(the SVRA's unofficial greeter of group 1...LOL!)