Re: Trailer Questions

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Trailer Questions
From: SGHT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 00:56:49 EDT
I agree with the concept you can tow an enclosed trailer i.e. heavy and lots
of drag, for a while but the tow vehicle will give up before long, plus it is
dangerous!
I towed a 20 footer with an ITS Z aboard from Rochester, NY to Summit Point
with a Jeep Cherokee (4.0 straight 6) and it was a LONG trip-never again! Now
I only use an open trailer with air shocks and sway bar/load leveler
bars-works like a dream!
Brock Yates and I bought a turbo diesel Ford dually (used with 90K miles) and
pull a 28' enclosed trailer with our Viper powered 34 Ford hot rod and his
Chevy V8 23 Ford track/road race "Eliminator" both aboard and it is a
fantastic rig! Truck has plenty of torque, and the rig is very stable with
plenty of hill pulling power.
I would sure recommend finding a used diesel truck and have the power and
safety needed.
Cheers,
Sam Turner

Sam Turner