Re: Class III

To: Mark Palmer <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Class III
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:07:54 -0500
Let me pool my own ignorance here with this comment.

The capacity of the hitch depends more on the way it is mounted than the
hitch itself.

A frame mounted hitch can be a good weight distributing or equalizing
hitch, but the same hitch, screwed into a frameless vehicle will not
support the weight.

I have a very nice hitch on my Mercedes but the car will not stand the
loads the hitch would support.  It's just for my golf cart trailer so it
works.  Not so good for the S 2000 race car in a 24 foot enclosed trailer.

Larry Dent