Re: Digital CamCorders

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Digital CamCorders
From: "Malcolm Cox" <malcox@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 21:50:40 -0700
Bin wondering that myself.
My old analog unit has not quite died yet, but I strap it to the passenger
seat and feed video from a remote camera ($89) on the roll bar, that way I
get a totally vibration free mount and the recorder gets a soft life on the
passenger seat.
Damn thing will probably last forever now!
But when it does croak, I can surely pick up another piece of junk to last
another 5 years and avoid yet again owning anything worth stealing!
And another thing, these things ALWAYS  go wrong (especially in my
experience Sony units) and they always seem to cost $150+ to fix.
Think of the luxury of never again having to grapple the
buy-a-new-one/fix-the-old-one equation!
(Yeah, just like my MGA!)
malcolm