RE: Bob Akin

To: "John P" <jpetrush@sc.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Bob Akin
From: "Rick Yocum" <rickyocum@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:20:04 -0700
I am still trying to find info about what happened.  According to the
Atlanta paper, the incident happened at Turn 4.  Now I haven't driven the
track for several years, and I'm not certain where Turn 4 might be, but I
can't think of any part of the circuit (early on in a lap) that is that
fast.  Now the end of the straight is a totally different story, but that
has to be further up the "turn list" than 4.

Does anyone know where it happened and what led up to the crash?  Obviously
it was a fairly high speed incident for the machine to end up 180 feet from
the track (as reported in the Journal-Constitution).

Rick Yocum