Re: Bob Akin

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bob Akin
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 21:56:58 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/2002 9:22:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
old_cat@prodigy.net writes:

> Anyone have an update on how Bobby Akin is doing? Sometimes life just sucks.
> Sue

I just got back in from the track (bad weekend but that's another story).

The last update, which was at this morning drivers meeting. was that Bob was
still in very critical condition, the extent of his injuries is not fully
know. However, there have been encouraging signs that his legs may have some
movement and feeling.
He has been taken off the medicine drip and allowed to come out of the
induced coma.  The doctors tell the family that while Bob is still in
critical and very unstable condition, they are "cautiously optomistic"

The family has sent their thanks for the concern the racing family has shown
and asks for our continued prayers for Bob's recovery.

Rick
HSR MGB 34