Re: Extrude honing

To: Brock.D.Dittrick@jci.com, Vintage <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Extrude honing
From: Walt Boeninger <walt_boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:46:01 -0700
Brock.D.Dittrick@jci.com wrote:

> It does seem expensive but I was wondering about the effectiveness of this
> product in comparison to regular port/polish jobs performed on head etc.

I don't think a "regular" port and polish will accomplish as much....
especially on an intake manifold with deep runners.  We had our
dual 4 SBF manifold Extruded for the latest engine in our Trans Am
car.  It sure looks nice inside.... cannot comment on delta of just
the intake, since lots changed in the new motor.  And I think it
was $400 to do it....

 ------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 02 Mustang GT