Extrude honing

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Extrude honing
From: Brock.D.Dittrick@jci.com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:54:18 -0400
Hello all:

I was looking at a process on the web known as "Extrude honing"  at
http://www.extrudehone.com/ and was curious if anyone out there has ever
tried this to any of there parts like their cylinder heads or intake and
exhaust manifolds..

If you are unfamiliar with the process it is where a  plastic, abrasive
laden polymer is forced through the part at a high rate to smooth out any
roughness
or casting flashes etc  to smooth out the interior to aid in flow.

It does seem expensive but I was wondering about the effectiveness of this
product in comparison to regular port/polish jobs performed on head etc.

Thanks!

Brock