BMC A Duplex Timing Set Source? (bit of a rant)

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, lotus@autox.team.net,
Subject: BMC A Duplex Timing Set Source? (bit of a rant)
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:34:31 -0800 (PST)
Well, I've been strung along by a USA-based supplier
for better than a month from whom I had ordered a
machined steel duplex timing gear/chain set for my 948
Seven America.

Their shipment from UK came up short and they didn't
even bother to let me know until I just now phoned
wondering where my parts were.

This is too darn funny (not really - I'm a bit miffed)
It sounds like the challenges my pal Sy Kaback had
dealing with overseas suppliers Cosworth, Lotus, etc
in the 60's!

They explained that they were getting the parts from
England from someone who was ordering them from
Australia...

Is there a more stable supplier out there? I'd love to
get these bits by next week if at all possible!

Thanks,
John Donohoe
'61 Lotus Seven