Cut-off switches

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Cut-off switches
From: WMW79@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:34:27 EST
Regarding the cut-off switches that Pegasus sells, i.e. Merit Cut-off
Switches. I have had 3 in two cars and they all have all failed, ruining a
race and, in one case, an entire weekend 1000 miles from home. They all
developed a high resistance in the contacts which weakened the ignition and
caused missing. In one case that happened 5 months after I bought it at the
Pegasus store at Road America. That was in '96 and I replaced it with a HELLA
switch which is still performing well. I sent the failed switch back to
Pegasus, but the complaint was ignored.
Bill Watkins