Re: Sy Kaback's Lotus 23 Sebring - Chassis #1??

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Sy Kaback's Lotus 23 Sebring - Chassis #1??
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:37:07 -0500
John, I talked with Paul Moxham for some time about this car (Lotus 23 #
4) and you glossed over one important point on the car at Sebring.

It was owned, and driven at the event by R. Jerrell Henry of Fort Wayne,
Indiana, with co driver Ernie Harris, Harris Mfg. (Flote Boats). The
vehicle was supposed to be a factory supported entry and was imported by
John Posselious of Detroit, a very good friend of Jerrell's. After the
disaster with the engine Jerrell had to refund a lot of money to Ernie
and the car went back to John P. with Jerrell obtaining a Lotus Elite in
a somewhat convoluted series of deals.  John P. was a VERY honest and
sincere person and all felt really badly over the Sebring debacle.

I had dinner with John P. at Jerrells house several years later.  He was
(and if still alive I am sure still is) a most delightful person and one
often overlooked in early Lotus history and the involvement of U.S. persons.

Larry Dent