Re: Transponder/Positive Earth

To: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transponder/Positive Earth
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:21:11 -0500
Why not use a separate battery? It probably uses little current, so a small
pair of six volt lantern batteries might last all year. Alternatively, you
could probably "float" the transponder if you fully insulate it from the
chassis of the car. putting it in a plastic box would probably work.

Brian

At 01:34 PM 3/5/02, Mark Palmer wrote:
>Has anyone installed an AMB transponder (hard-wired type) in a car that is
>wired positive ground?  Any problems?
>
>I need to add a transponder this year to my MGA, which is still "vintage
>correct" positive ground (yeah, I know, no big deal but I just haven't
>bothered to convert it to neg ground).
>
>I'd prefer the hard-wired transponder over the rechargeable type, one less
>thing to worry about.  The AMB web site doesn't mention anything about
>wiring.  Does anyone know?
>
>Thanks,
>Mark Palmer

Brian Evans