Re: Sebring - is there a "vintage" reunion for cars that ran

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sebring - is there a "vintage" reunion for cars that ran
From: "Bob Schmitt" <bob.schmitt@sainthood.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:51:54 -0800
Bob & Jack -

Thanks for this info.  The upcoming  Sebring is the 50th anniversary of the
first 12 hour race, which we all know was won by a Frazer Nash LeMans
Replica (right?).

That particular winning car has been missing for many years, but will appear
on much of the promo material for the race.  I contacted the Sebring staff
to see if they were interested in getting other Frazer Nash cars for the
50th, and got a reply that since the "winner" will be there (with winners
from other years), there's no interest in encouraging other Frazer Nashs to
show up at the race.

I expect this mistake will eventually be noted and corrected.  BTW, of the
85 Frazer Nashs built postwar, only four are unaccounted for - one owned by
Errol Flynn!

Bob
www.FrazerNash-USA.com