Re: MSD Pedigree, etc

To: <hbahn@home.com>, <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MSD Pedigree, etc
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:46:51 -0400
David,

By Lucas Sport Coils I trust you mean the old red, ribbed top, screw-in HT
lead Sport Coil, not necessarily the newer smooth white one, since we are
talking vintage here.

I'm waiting for my Pertronix unit to arrive and pondered whether the red
Sports coil I have would work.

Roger

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:57:51 -0400 "Henry Bahn" <hbahn@home.com> writes:
> Lemme kill 2 birds w/ one stone:
>
> 1.     I've never been able to keep a Petronix on a race motor
> without
> frying it in about 10 sec.  What's the secret to longevity with
> them?

Using the right coil.  Some coils will definitely fry them.  Lucas Sport
Coils are compatible, and Pertronix sells their own.

> PS:  I don't wear period correct jockey shorts under my nomex undies

That comes under the heading of "more information than we wanted to
know."  Please, no questions about "skid marks!"

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer