Re: NYC Lotus-related things to do?

To: "john donohoe" <gt6driver@yahoo.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NYC Lotus-related things to do?
From: "Susan" <alfasun@esslink.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:57:07 -0400
Lime Rock's about 2 1/2 hours straight north, the Ferrari club (sniff) is
there 8/3 to 8/5- it is technically not open to the "public" but you can
usually talk your way in.
You can see the building that formerly housed Lotus Racing East in nearby
Millerton, NY, which is now a TV repair and video store. The Cunningham
retro "factory" is across the street from the track. There's also something
on the way to Lime Rock called the Olde Rhinebeck Aerodrome which has a car
collection and antique airplane museum. They have a "performance" on
weekends and maybe weekdays which kids love, stunt flying etc. Very high
kitsch.

L'Art and L'Automobile is no longer in NYC, but in East (sniff) Hampton, a
long drive out to the eastern end of LI, but once you get there, worth the
trip. Expensive hotels, fine kwizeen, the rich and famous, and beautiful
beaches. And two cute little ferries to get to Shelter Island and the north
shore whch are cool, especially for kids. You can then lament the demise of
Bridgehampton and hoist one to the ghosts. Bring money. Lots and lots.

Driving Impressions has a store in New Jersey, they have a lot of art stuff
and books in addition to the racing stuff. Kent Bain's resto shop is in
Stratford, CT, he has a lot of British and other cars under resto, and in
the front is Marc Evans store, who will attempt to sell you another Lotus.
There must be more stuff but I'm having a senior moment. Anybody else??
Susan