Re: RHD...a different view

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RHD...a different view
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 22:25:33 -0500
> It's really an easy change from a LHD vehicle on the track...but a bit more
> difficult on the street...especially trying to make those left hand turns
> against oncoming traffic.

To date, I've done over 10K miles in RHD countries. First time I drove
in the UK, I came to a roundabout, brain overloaded, came to screeching
halt!
Later a taxi driver told me the trick: The centerline of the road always
stays on the driver's side of the car. Works for RHD and LHD!
Second hardest adaptation was doing handbrake turns in a RHD Escort RS
at the Siverstone Rally School! If you are in the UK from the States,
the one-day rally schools are not to be missed!
Jim
--
Jim Hayes                  Fotec/Cable U
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.CableU.net