differential

To: "Vintage race (E-mail)" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: differential
From: "Ultra Precision Ltd." <Ultra.Precision@Sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:11:59 -0800
I am in process of re-building a Sprite differential and I have a copy
of the Leyland workshop manual.  To set the pinion, it states that you
use a setting block and a dial gauge to get the correct depth from the
crown wheel bearing seat to the face of the pinion.  Unfortunately, the
ubiquitous setting block details are not given, just a part number.
Does anybody know what the correct distance is from the pinion face to
the crown wheel bearing surface? i.e. step A on the setting block.

Philip, Turner 950Sports