Re: Rules and 'Cheating'

To: Tombread@aol.com, rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com, grant62@starpower.net
Subject: Re: Rules and 'Cheating'
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:58:51 EST
In a message dated 22/01/01 8:35:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Tombread@aol.com writes:

> He once put an alternator shell on our car  and
> took out the guts, (nothing said the alternator had to be operational)
> figuring the savings in drag would be useful; it simply resulted in having
> lug around a bunch of aircraft batteries and keep them charged, replacing

We had a guy with a big Healey that did this back in the late 70s. We all
helped push the damned thing (and are those Austin Lorries ever heavy) for a
race or two, and then suggested that he either start using a generator or
hire a pit crew!

Bill