Re: Rules and 'Cheating'

To: rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com, grant62@starpower.net
Subject: Re: Rules and 'Cheating'
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:30:39 EST
As we used to interpret the GCR, you could do anything that wasn't
specifically prohibited.  Most of these creative changes were costly and were
beyond a lowly E production racer, but I had a mechanic who joyously read the
GCR looking for loopholes.  He once put an alternator shell on our car  and
took out the guts, (nothing said the alternator had to be operational)
figuring the savings in drag would be useful; it simply resulted in having to
lug around a bunch of aircraft batteries and keep them charged, replacing
them every time we went on the circuit.  It was a nuisance, didn't make any
difference, was legal, and I humored my mechanic for two races.

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
765.886.5098
Public Relations and Creative Services