RE: Will a Super seven fit?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Will a Super seven fit?
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:16:30 -0800
Eric,
I am 6'2" 180 lbs and I have not found very many 7s that I can fit into. I
did look at one that had an extension made to the drivers footwell to extend
the pedals, so it can be done. I have a Lotus 6 that I do fit in, although
the fit is very tight. I would say if you really want a 7 find a good one,
even if you don't fit, and then modify the footwell to accommodate you. I
had to remove all the padding from the seat back and move the pedals forward
a bit to be able to drive my 6. It was worth it since these are great cars
and tremendous fun. I only use mine for racing, so I do not spend lots of
time in the car. I am pretty comfortable in my car for 20 to 30 minute
sessions. However I don't think I could spend more than about 1 or 2 hours
per day in it without getting cramped.

The cars are great fun to drive and I wish you good luck in your search.
Phil Roettjer