Summit Point Zoning - Update

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Summit Point Zoning - Update
From: Mactds@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:48:57 EST
This just in from a friend who attended the meeting.

Regards, Maura

Just got back from the Summit Point Zoning meeting, and we didn't loose
- in fact it would appear that both sides may have won.  It appears, and
what was said at the meeting, there had been a meeting between Bill
Scott and the local neighbors that had organized CARE.  At this meeting
they came to some form of agreement, good enough for both sides that
they have joined forces and will be submitting a Joint proposal for
Summit Point Raceway's new Zoning.   Unfortunately they did not have
this new zoning ordinance completed so it was not presented to the
commission - which also means I have no idea what's in it.   John
Burkhard, DC Region's Webmaster, was there and I believe he got to talk
to someone who gave him more info.  He was headed home to get something
up on the web site, tonight.   It was a packed house with 95% of the
turnout wearing SPARC or Summit Point Automotive Research Center badges.

If I hear, or see, any more in the local Press will pass it along.

Lin