Re: MGB Brake pads

To: Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Brake pads
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:12:32 EST
In a message dated 17/01/01 11:07:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu writes:

> >>Is Steve Earle still as tight on originality?
> >>I can't imagine him allowing that sort of mod.
>
> Hmmmm. After allowing a newly constructed replica to run the Monterrey
> Historics last year under the guise of a "Cobra Daytona R" (the 'R' standing
> for replica), I assume that the standards of originality are not entirely
> uniform.

Oh, Man!  That's like hearing that your first grade teacher is having an
affair with the local lothario - say it isn't so!

But then I do recall that Steve had a bit of a moveable set of rules - when
Phil Hill touched another car on the track, and would normally have been
suspended for awhile, Steve came up with the instant 'World Champion'
corollary to the rule - one extra incident for each world championship.

Bill