Re: MGB Brake pads

To: drs@socal.rr.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Brake pads
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:41:34 -0000
>From: "Doug Schirripa" <drs@socal.rr.com>
>Our race group lets MGAs run with many B components, including front >ends,
>engines, trans, rears, etc.

Doug -- then they really AREN'T MGA's, are they?

>Of course, when the Bs win, the A guys complain and they push the Bs >to a
>higher class.

Isn't the real solution to make the MGA's use real MGA engines, gearbox,
etc?  Someone has missed the point of "vintage" here.  An MGA is not
supposed to be an MGB with a curvier body.  I fully realize there are safety
implications on some parts (e.g. king pins), that's different.  But an MGA
with 1800 cc, overdrive gearbox, and 14" wheels isn't an MGA any more.

I hope your vintage club reconsiders its rules, and mission.

Respectfully,
Mark Palmer