Re: Ford 1500

To: Grant Reynolds <grant62@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: Ford 1500
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 13:02:14 -0500
I ran both single and dual weber engines in the 60's in my Super 7, and
the 3 main was only a hand granade if you tried to turn it over 6500
consistently.

We had a good source of cast iron cranks and would tuftride them and run
them 6 races and discard.  With steel main bearing caps it was ok, but
could have made a lot more power with a steel crank (not legal) that
would have allowed much higher rpm.

As mentioned the bigger engine with one Weber did not breath well.

Today a steel crank and main caps and a good strong steel or alloy pan
to ad strength to the block would allow 8,500 and good live to the small
engine.  You could produce some pretty good power that way.

L.D.