Re: Quiet? Knockoff vs Bolted Wheels

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, John.Desantis@inficon.com
Subject: Re: Quiet? Knockoff vs Bolted Wheels
From: Jeff Warner <Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:33:15 -0500
Hi,

Since it is quiet out there I'll ask this now.

What are positives and negatives between Knockoffs verses Bolted racing wheels?

I have a 1960 Mk2 Jaguar sedan (small four door saloon) I want to race.

I have a choice of using Knockoff or Bolted Minilites (or Pansports) 15X6
aluminium wheels.

I do not want to race this size car with wire wheels.

The bolt pattern option on a Mk2 matches a common Chevy 5 bolt pattern.

I like the vintage look of Minilite knockoffs yet have no technical reason to
make the choice one way or the other besides appearance.

My front hubs are in very good condition as the splines are well defined.
I'll have to buy bolt-on knockoff adaptors for rearend.

Anyone have war stories with knockoffs that mandate using the bolted wheel?

Jeff Warner
San Antonio, TX

>>> <John.Desantis@inficon.com> 7/20/00 2:42:01 PM >>>
     Sure is quiet out there-