Spridget 1275 crankshaft

To: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridget 1275 crankshaft
From: Taiju Kobayashi <portago@xc4.so-net.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:55:14 +0900
Dear fellow listers:

We have been racing a Spridget w/1275 motor quite successfully, however the
crankshaft was chopped twice in 2 years.
The crankshaft is nitrided and balanced, and we kept it revved under
7500rpm. And the engine is professionally built and maintained by
ex-Formula 3000 engineer.

Now that the well-prepared stock crank proved themselves unreliable by
nature, we are in search of a steel billet or some other better crankshaft.
Does any of you have recommendation or real experience with that sort? Let
me know how it works.
We also keen to know what were wrong with our stock crankshafts. Any tips
to avoid troubles?

Cheers,

Taiju Kobayashi
Tokyo,Japan
'69 Tecno Formula Ford(coming soon)
'63 AH Sprite MkIII(our friends', myself as 2nd driver for endurance race)