Early Spitfire for sale

To: "Vintage Race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early Spitfire for sale
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 06:04:32 -0400
  Not my car but, on a 4th of July ride in the country I came across a 1966
Triumph Spitfire Mark II that is in remarkably good condition for never
having been restored.  It was painted, poorly, but there are no signs of
bondo and no rust at all.  The interior is original but in great condition.
the front end is a bit loose with plenty of play in the steering wheel ( or
is that factory spec for Spitfires?).  Odometer says 39.000 miles and
judging from the overall condition of the car, I'd say it could be correct.
Asking price is $3500.  The car is a driver today and would be an easy
restoration.  Or with the necessary suspension attention and a few motor
tweaks, it could be a nice vintage race car.
  The car is in Hiram, Ohio.  I can drive by it again and get a phone number
if any one is interested.  And yes, I know I should have gotten a number
when I stopped, but I had nothing to write on or with, and my wife and I
were on our way to get an ice cream cone.  Priorities!

Paul Kort
lurker
1969 Datsun 1600

BTW, the spit was  robin blue with a blue interior and black carpet.  Newer
top and tonneau cover.  And even the trunk was clean.  The horn didn't work
and it was slowly 'marking it's territory' but the I did mention it was a
British car!