Re: Source for leather hood hold down straps and strap retainer

To: milano164@mediaone.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Source for leather hood hold down straps and strap retainer
From: LMR356@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 21:26:21 EDT
milano164@mediaone.net writes:

<< I am looking for a source for a hood hold down strap and the retainers that
 the strap would pass through.

 Anybody know of a source?
 Thanks,

 Steven Silverstein
 Series IV Alpine (Don Sesslar's F-P car) >>

Steven:  I purchased a pair of hood straps w/ hardware from Mini Mania for my
Mini Cooper years ago.  Also had a terrific PA Amish blacksmith make a pair
of short genuine leather straps for my Porsche's front hood,  and a single
lined bonnet strap for my old Morgan 4/4.  The Mini Mania straps were o.k.
relative to cost.  Call them....800946-2642  PT.

If you aren't successful....contact me again....I'm sure I can find the
unused Mini straps on my British parts shelf.

FYI....Don Sesslar, aside from his Nat. SCCA  F-P Alpine championship
ride...was also a pretty good Porsche pilot....at Sebring especially....where
he placed within the top 15 with RSKs and Porsche Carrera Abarths in five
attempts..including a 4th overall in 1959 with Bob Holbert.

Lee Raskin
Brooklandville, Maryland
Arnotl-B and 356er