Re: VIR Homecoming

To: svann@schoollink.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VIR Homecoming
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:58:18 EDT
svann@schoollink.net writes:

<< Just a heads up. If you plan to attend the VIR Homecoming June 9-11,
 be aware that there is a NASCAR Busch race in the area that week-end.
 Therefore, take care of booking you rooms now. Be sure to mention VDCA,
 in order to access the rooms they've blocked off. Otherwise they'll say
 they have no vacancy. Still, there is no time to waste.

Stan is right.  There is a NASCAR race in South Boston (15 miles from VIR)
the weekend of the VIR Homecoming, June 9-11, 2000, so rooms are impossible
to find.  HOWEVER, we have blocked enough rooms for all participants and
their friends.  You MUST mention you are with VDCA at one of the listed
hotels. (see our website at "www.vintagedrive.com" for hotel info)  You must
make your reservations TWO weeks before the event (by May 24, 2000) to get a
room, because the hotels will release all non-confirmed rooms at that time.
Earlier reservations will result in better rooms/hotels.

We also have rooms blocked at the Days Inn Airport in Savannah for the
Roebling Road event May 12-14, 2000, even though most of the Savannah hotels
are booked for the Garden & Homes Tours.  Again mention VDCA when you make
your reservation.

Savannah is a low key fun event.  If you haven't entered and have a VDCA
eligible car, there is still time.

David Whiteside