Re: A bit off the topic, but what group is likely to know more?

To: markwroper@compuserve.com, pmeis@bgsm.edu
Subject: Re: A bit off the topic, but what group is likely to know more?
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:30:06 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/00 4:30:33 AM, markwroper@compuserve.com writes:

<<I said that I didn't think it would worry him as he is a very experenced
driver, (won Le mans C2 1990 etc)  .......  He tested it on a fast dual
carriageway sweeper in the early hours of the morning one day when he was
travelling at an indicated 150 mph, he said it was violent and he had to use
the grass on both sides of the road!>>

    Early hours or not, your friend is a fool to pull such a stupid stunt on
a public road.  He may have fine track credentials but that sort of "testing"
has no place on public roads at any hour.

    Doug Meis