Re: oil coolers

To: mhenry@uswest.net, fred23@gte.net
Subject: Re: oil coolers
From: Racewalt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:20:34 EST
We run 289 Shelby, Mustang & Falcon with a water to oil oil cooler.  It goes
in the rad output hose to the water pump. We also have a rad with one in
tank. They work great. They help preheat oil on cold engine.  They do put a
bigger load on rad. So, if rad is marginal, you will have a problem. We turn
our engines, which are flat tappet up to 7600 RPM at times. Ford engine temps
really go up above 7000RPM.
There are several versions. We use Aeroquip prt # FBM2194 shown on page 14 of
catalogue. There are other types with hook up from heater hose fittings, But
don't know anything about them.

vroom,vroom

Walt