RE: oil coolers

To: "Jim Hayes" <hayes@mediaone.net>, "Langsten" <Langsten@mediaone.net>
Subject: RE: oil coolers
From: "fred23" <fred23@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:00:46 -0800

Unfortunately, most of the oil coolers we have available are air/oil
coolers. Some modern cars, like the Corvette and Miata, have water/oil
coolers. Not only do they maintain oil temperature at lower levels, they
will HEAT the cold oil up faster and they take less space.
I searched for one several years ago for my vintage racer but could not
find a source of a small one. There are big ones used on stock cars
available.
Anybody know of an aftermarket source?
Jim

I have a convenient sized unit. It is 2 inches thick and fits between the
oil filter and base. I believe it is from a Mercour.
Fred