: Re: Gordon Smiley

To: "vintage-race-digest" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: : Re: Gordon Smiley
From: "n" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:54:57 -0500
In a message dated 2/12/00 9:53:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
aantipas@sopris.net writes looking for info on Gordon, and mentions he drove
for Fred Opert.

I believe that Fred is still in business in Bergen County, New Jersey.  I
seem to remember seeing an ad for European delivery of various cars in the
classified section of a magazine, perhaps Autoweek.  If you can't find him
there, try area code 201 Information for Fred Opert Enterprises in Paramus
or some town near there.  Or, try the Internet directories and search
engines.

The first time I visited Fred's business was when it was in Palisades Park,
NJ back in the '50's or '60's.  Seem to remember an Elva in the small
showroom.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB