Re: Balancer

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: Balancer
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:29:55 -0500
Yesterday at Borders I picked up a copy of "The Design and Tuning of
Competition Engines" by Philip H. Smith (Robert Bentley Books).
I figure any book I spend 30 minutes in a bookstore reading a chapter
(on balancing engines, no less) I should buy.
See p 338. Balancers (or dampers as they should be called) are designed
to reduce the harmonic vibration periods in a crank that can be harmful.
The whole of chapter 5 covers crankshafts and balance - and it is worth
a read - even understandable!
Jim
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA